Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Random Spring Break 2009


It looks like Luke didn't get to do anything for Spring break but he really did. He went with middle school group from church and did mission projects. I think this is such a great idea. He especially liked the prayer walk he did with the Salvation Army church. He said they walked around a neighborhood with a flag and if people needed prayer they stopped the group and everyone prayed.

I wanted to get a couple of pictures of the kids in the middle school before they left to do some of these mission projects. Luke couldn't believe I actually brought my camera into the building. I tried to get him to stand with a couple of friends. He stood with Spencer because Spencer made him, but when I tried to get any other pics he ran. Aaauuugh! It's tough being a 13 year old boy!

This is what I do!! Not just during Spring break but ALL the time! I am always driving one kid somewhere and picking another kid up. This is the season of life I'm in. I actually enjoy it. I've started reading a lot again and get a great deal of reading time while waiting in various parking lots around Franklin. If you see me at a stop light and I'm looking at my lap it's probably because I just have to finish a chapter.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I am glad you are enjoying each phase of being a Mom. Maybe that is where our Mom developed her love for reading...just think hauling around 4-by yourself!...and she still kept her sense of humor!...WOW...What a Woman!

Martha said...

Thanks for posting your blog address on the Sunday School class email ... I love to read friends' blogs.

My kids saw this picture of you driving and all thought that it was me. We do look a little bit alike - at least in this picture ... which is probably scary to you! :)

I've got a blog, too. www.zoesplace.blogspot.com.

Talk soon, Martha