Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy 11th Birthday Jacqulin!!!!

May 12th is always a good day. In 11 years it hasn't rained on Jacqulin's birthday. Which is amazing considering we are about 4 inches above the norm for the month of May!!
Jacqulin's 3 best girlfriends kept a secret all day at school. When I picked her up they tip-toed behind her and got in the car and yelled "surprise!" She was completely shocked.
First, we pick Luke up from school. He was way outnumbered but I think he secretly likes being around all these beautiful girls.
Second, we headed to Sonic for an afternoon snack. A great way to start a birthday party.
Third, we went to downtown Franklin for a scavenger hunt.





All the clues had something to do with eleven. Like, what is the 11th item on the Starbucks menu. Luke and I also hid paper "11's" all over Franklin. The girls stuck them all over themselves.







If you give these girls a chance to pose they are all over it. I wish I had enough time to post all the posed pictures I took.
After solving all 11 clues on the scavenger hunt we headed to Omikoshi, a Japanese steakhouse. Jacqulin loves Chinese and Japanese food. None of the other girls had been to a restaurant where they cook in front of you. There was some apprehension when the flames licked at our eyebrows but other than that we had a great time.







Yes, I do think the chef, who also played the drum to "Happy Birf-day," was wearing a napkin tied to his head. He was really great fun.
The last picture is precious to me. Jacqulin was opening her present from our family. She got a hot pink ipod nano and she was thrilled. That's the sweet look a Mom wants to see on the birthday girls face.
She has thanked me and Bert over and over again for her birthday. I don't know, it just makes you feel like you might be doing something right. (But there is always tomorrow).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun party!! I am glad she had a good birthday. I thought about calling around 5am when I was up feeding Hunter, but knew being woke up that early is not a good way to start a birthday. Can't wait to see you on Sunday for the recital. We love you Jacqulin!

Sonya said...

What FUN!!!

A Birthday Jacqulin will always remember. Those are the best.
What a great Mom to plan a scavenger hunt...and unique dinner with her best friends. That smile at the end says you made her day!

Heather said...

What a fun day. I wish I could have come! Sorry it's late, but Happy, Happy Birthday. I know it was really special. Great idea, momma!