Monday, August 10, 2009

Thank you God for the beach! And for Luke!

The older Luke gets the more I talk about how hot it was the day he was born. August 2nd is a tough time to be pregnant. The doctor's office didn't believe I was in labor so they told me I had to come to their office, when they realized I was really about to have a baby they pointed to the hospital and told me and Bert to walk across the parking lot to the hospital. It was 98 degrees! and I was having contractions every 45 seconds. They sent a receptionist with us (not with a wheel chair though) and she kept saying in a voice that sounded like she was going to cry "please don't have the baby in the parking lot, I just answer the phone." It was truly a scene out of 'Gone with the Wind.' The positive of the story is that he was born 2 hours later. I never tell him it was that fast. It's really hard to believe he's 14 now! Whew!






This is our favorite pizza place in the world - not just at the beach, but the whole world. It's Roberto's in San Destin. They have a seafood pizza that will set you free! We plan the whole trip around when we can get to Roberto's.



I just think God was teaching us a lot of lessons when He made the beach. It is so vast it really puts you in your place. It is so loud it makes you listen. It's so unpredictable it makes you realize you really aren't in control. It's so magnificent it makes you know that there really is a God who created it all.





We were able to celebrate Luke's birthday at the beach for the 4th year in a row (I think). Of course, it's the close to summer as school starts earlier and earlier every year.
This year the water was so clear you could walk 100 yards out in the water and still see your feet. No jelly fish, no sea weed just beautiful clear blue water.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Happy belated birthday, Luke!
Great pictures, Deb.