Thursday, February 25, 2010

A bridge to somewhere - everywhere!

One thing we've been waiting on to finish the kitchen is the floor. You know, it needs to be the last thing you do so you don't get paint on the floor or get it scratched moving an appliance or something. We've scheduled the floor to be refinished 3 times. Our weather has been so entertaining this year that the workers weren't able to get to us a couple times. Our entire first floor is hardwood. I love it. However, we knew we would have to move out if we got all the hardwood refinished at the same time. We decided they could just refinish the kitchen right now.

Guess what? You can't get to our bedrooms if you don't go through the kitchen. I had just about decided to go get a cheap hotel room for a couple of days but, Bert kept saying he could build a bridge. Yeah, right! Well, he did it and we used it and got to our bedrooms just fine.

Doesn't the floor look beautiful? They did a fabulous job and I think the smell is gone now.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Floors look GREAT!!! I know you are all excited!!!!! Love it when you update the blog...like opening a present.
Love you all
Sonya