








Both kids have survived summer church camp now. I think they realized that they missed each other a little. So, this week we have really had a great time. Don't get me wrong, there are still those times when I shake my head (and maybe my fist) and wonder who replaced my kids with creeps, but for the most part I really enjoy them.
They are at ages that make them wonderful to talk to and have fun with on a new level. I know, especially with Luke turning 13 in 2 weeks, this may be the calm before the storms, but right now I am enjoying every minute of this.
They both hiked with their 4th grade class down the Natchez trace. Of course, Jacqulin and I just did this in May. The hike ends at Jackson Falls. By the time you arrive at the end of 28 miles it's hard to enjoy it fully. Plus, there are 60 other people crawling around.
This week Luke Jacqulin and I drove down the Natchez trace to Jackson Falls. We actually went to the stop before the falls and hiked the 1/3 mile to the falls. It is an absolutely beautiful trail.
Jacqulin always surprises me. She is really very girly but she loves the outdoors, she always has. When she was 2 she went out the back door, around the house and down the street. A teenage neighbor brought her back, he said she was at the stop sign when he found her. The funny thing about that is Moma and Aunt Sonya were here too. We didn't realize she had escaped. She just wanted to be outside.
You can tell from these pictures that she is afraid of nothing and loves climbing, jumping, running and exploring.
Luke on the other hand has his own music. Literally, I think he has music in his brain. You can see him dancing down the tree. He just enjoys life and he laughs a lot. I love that.
We had a great time together.
2 comments:
You do have great kids! We have missed getting to spend time with them. I am glad that we were able to spend one day with them. We have to squeeze in one more before school starts back.
Deb,
You are a great mom!
Love you!
Post a Comment