I hope they are looking at a calendar for a wedding date!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
The Sumner clan has celebrated the new year together forever. When I married into the family Grandma Ruth would have everyone to her apartment. I think when Grandma turned either 99 or 100 years old Beverly started hosting the new year's day festivities. So, we've been going to Beverly house for about 11 years or so. She has everything that Grandma would have, meat loaf, black eyed peas, cole slaw and cornbread. I don't remember Grandma having mac and cheese but Bev does and it's great - you know the homemade kind. Of course, the guys all watch football and I try to get all the gossip from the girls. Now that Bev and Larry have moved to their new house there are scooter races.... Grandma never had that. Thanks Bev for a great start to every new year.





I hope they are looking at a calendar for a wedding date!







I hope they are looking at a calendar for a wedding date!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy New Year, Deb & family!
Love you
Post a Comment