I was listening to the the radio on the way home from work this afternoon and this author was telling how he and his wife turned this Bible verse into a prayer that they have been prayer for 20+ years. I thought it was great and plan on praying it myself in the midst of helping these beautiful kids become responsible, God fearing, God loving adults.
"The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it." Proverbs 27:12
Heavenly Father, help us be prudent and see trouble/danger before it gets to us, give us wisdom in dealing with it and courage to do something about it.
3 comments:
WOW, What a beautiful and powerful prayer.
I think your concern as a parent and the Christian values you are teaching your children...Make God Smile!
Andy Stanley right? He did a devo here at our office a couple weeks ago and made us repeat that verse 18 times. :D
About the teen-age years: You do know that research has proven that teen-age brains are "brain-damaged." There really is a physical reason they act the way they do. Just thought I'd pass along the info. BTW, I have a list of daily prayers for parents to pray for their children. I'll send you a copy. Love you.
Post a Comment