Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hey Mom, where's the fridge?

Habits are so hard to break. I'm amazed at how many times we have gone to the hole that used to house the refrigerator to realize there is nothing there.
Bert said Monday morning when he got up with the kids to get ready for school Luke stood in front of the hole for about 5 seconds with a bowl of cereal in his hand. He said he finally sort of shook his head and moved to find the milk. I know it was in a new place but 6:00 a.m. might have added to the confustion.




Because of the wall, I couldn't open the refrigerator door all the way. That kept me from being able to use the drawers and this refrigerator has 3 of them.
I didn't know if I would like the refrigerator being right next to the dishwasher but it works. The first day or two it felt like a giant was in the room. I've been in several kitchens this week and noticed that the fridge is like a big ol' line backer hanging out in your kitchen. It's usually big anywhere you put it.
I really think it's all what you get used to and I am so excited to be able to open the drawers.

No comments: