Our Christmas is usually divided into parts, his family, my family. I guess everybody does something like that. Every Christmas Eve we celebrate with Bert's family. Aunt Beverly said when our kids were little that it was only fair for the Sumner family to start coming to our house so Luke and Jacqulin could get in bed and get ready for Santa. Thanks Beverly! That has been the greatest blessing over the years. It usually meant getting the kids in bed so that Bert could put something together and I could get the wrapping done!
We enjoy the Sumner clan coming to our house every Christmas Eve. This year we even had a new addition, Little Anna! I loved that she came to our house for her first Christmas Eve celebration. Here are a couple of people who loved having her here as well.
This is Papa and his new wife, Bobbie. Papa gave us a scare this year and spent the entire month of October in the hospital. He had a bout with pneumonia and then open heart surgery. We were so blessed to have him in our house this Christmas. We love you Papa and we are very thankful you are well.
Every year we read the Christmas story together. For the last several years Luke has read the story. This year Jacqulin asked him if she could read it. She is growing up so fast. It was nice for her to read the scripture aloud to our family. It was almost as if it was a statement of her faith. She did a great job.
We always eat soup on Christmas Eve. In one of Jacqulin's classes they were discussing holiday traditions. She said everyone thought soup for dinner wasn't very Christmasy - I don't think it is either but my kids think it's the norm now. This year we had Taco Soup, White Chicken Chili and I added Chicken Tetrazini (not a soup).
No comments:
Post a Comment