Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Some kitchen back story!



Most of our friends and family know the kitchen has been a labor of love and most of the labor was done by Bert. We did hire some things done but, thankfully, Bert is very capable of doing a lot of the work himself.
Well, the last day of school before Christmas break was December 18 and it was one of those silly 2 hour days. Jacqulin's class had a party, Luke had a final. We were all home by 10:30.
Jacqulin and I had plans to go the Rockette's Christmas program at 5:00 with her friend Kahsia.
Well about 1:00 Bert was outside (in the rain) making one last cut with the saw. He ran inside, and started screaming for me. When I found him he was on his knees on the floor in a ball holding his hand. I didn't know what had happened and he wouldn't let me touch him.
He had cut his thumb. I thought it got caught on the saw. It ended up a metal ruler got caught in the saw and it slammed into Bert's thumb.
We made a quick trip to the emergency room for a bandage and a tetnus shot. Thankfully he kept his thumb and all his fingers. Just lost a thumb nail.



Jacqulin, Me and Kahsia ready for our show.

No comments: