Fresh watermelon in the middle of Times Square. What a perfect snack on such a hot day.
The 2010 New Years ball is still in place in Times Square. I don't know when they move that thing. It's was neat to see and realize that is where all the celebrating we watch on TV actually happens.
This is a picture of me putting on my "happy face." You know how it sounds a little strained whine between my teeth probably saying something like "wow, more people to wait in line with and be shoved and push by, I love New York." Smile, smile, nod, nod.
Some of the people in our group went to Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken, NJ. There is a show about this bakery on TLC. Jacqulin really wanted to go but when we heard they waited in line for almost 3 hours we were glad we didn't. Thankfully, Ms. Norma brought Jacqulin a canolli. It was heavenly.
Bless her heart!!! She was trying to make her legs and feet stop hurting from all the walking. I think I should feel bad but I know she saw more of NYC in 2 days than some people see in a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment