Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Upward Basketball and Cheerleading.



Every Saturday for 8 weeks we are at our church (usually at 1:00), Luke plays basketball and Jacqulin cheers (usually for his team). This is a great program, the kids memorize a verse of scripture every week. They are rewarded with a green star for scripture memorization and then during the game you earn another star; gold for best sportsmanship, red for the best leader, etc. The cheerleaders get star stickers to stick on their megaphones. The ball players get iron on stars to put on the sleeve of their jersey. Luke has never played basketball. For the first few practices when he came off the court he would say "this is NOT my sport!" He's always been a baseball player. I'm glad he's given it a try, he has really had a great time and has really improved.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Luke,
Very proud of you. It's a little harder doing a sport that doesn't come easy to us. But by looking at that picture you look like a natural dribbling that basketball...
Good Job...Keep up the good work and have fun!!!!!!

Sonya said...

Jacqulin
Girl you are the prettiest one in the group! Hope you enjoying it...I always wanted to cheer, but I was too chicken too. I admire you...

That other little girl looks a little bit like you--at least in the picture she does.

Cheer on..but don't cheer so loud that you get that cheerleader voice OK... Love ya,