Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of School 2008



Today was our first full day of school. Who ever thought school would start this early? The kids were excited but a little anxious, they are both starting new schools. Jacqulin is going to Freedom Intermediate and is in 5th grade which starts at 7:20 a.m. Luke is going to Freedom Middle and is in 7th grade which in just down the street from the Intermediate school and starts at 7:30 a.m. Jacqulin was fine until she realized I really wasn't going into the building with her. She shed a few tears. When she got out of the car Luke said "Mom, I don't want my little sister to be scared, that upset me." He said she looked so little walking into school by herself. I had to choke back a few tears myself. This is the school Luke went to for the last two years, so it's no big deal to him.
Luke did some deep breathing exercises between Jacqulin's school and his. He was acting all tough while she was in the car but then let me know he was a little rattled.
We prayed and reminded God that He said not to be anxious about anything, but through prayer with thanksgiving let Him know our request. Our request today was just to not let the nerves rattle us.
I know they are going to have a great year.

No comments: