Thursday, August 28, 2008

What's a mother to do?



Luke got in the car on Tuesday morning with a rash on his left hand. He said "Hey, Mom, what do you think this is?" Of course, we are in the car at 6:50 in the morning! I have to admit that this was the first time I had actually looked at the child that day. We just kind of fly through the morning. Anyway, I realized that this rash was all over his neck as well. I gave him a Claritin, because I had that in my purse. I dropped him at school and said that if it seemed to get worse he should call me.
School starts at 7:30 a.m. Luke called me at 7:33! I wasn't even to downtown Franklin yet. His first period teacher said he should call me.
I really thought he might be allergic to some new shorts that he had on. We bought them on Sunday afternoon and I didn't wash them first. He is extremely sensitive. I use dye free, perfume free everything.
So, I picked him up from school, brought him home and told him to shower (with Dove soap) and change into clothes that I have washed and he has worn before. I gave him Benadryl in addition to the Clairitin. It's a wonder he didn't fall asleep.
I think we both decided that he was better. Until...... he showed me the inside of his arms this afternoon. Both arms are covered and now his body is too.
I am calling the doctor in the morning but I sort of think the dog may have to go. He told me that he would take allergy shots instead of getting rid of the dog. (he's a nice kid).
I dread this one.
However, pray that it is only an allergic reaction and not some funky sickness.

No comments: