Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008 at our house



For the past several years Christmas Eve has been at our house for all of Bert's family. I'm not sure how or when that happened but we enjoy hosting this special event. I love to entertain and don't have/take the opportunity to do so often enough.
Several years ago we had a brutally cold Christmas eve, so I decided to make soup. Now, everyone (at least Bev and my kids) expects soup on Christmas eve. Kind of a weird Christmas food but it hits the spot.






After eating Luke reads the Christmas story. It's really cool to see my 13 year old son want to read from God's word. It's also cool that he knows he is name after the physician Luke from the Bible not the action figure Luke from Star Wars. However, I can tell that "the Force is with him." He is growing in his faith and loves God deeper and with an understanding that many adults I know do not have. It looks like he got a little excited in this picture. But then again, the Bible should be exciting!!


We get to playing a little dirty with the Dirty Santa game. There is also a picture of Luke doing a little dance after receiving Vanderbilt stuff. He's crazy!




No comments: