Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Outstanding Student Award

Every year in school is so much different than the year before. This year Jacqulin is in 5th grade and goes to Freedom Intermediate School. Fifth grade means going to a new school with new kids. I have notice with both kids that there are those years that they just thrive. This has been the year that Jacqulin has bloomed. She has great friends, she loves her school, and she loves her teachers. She has put a lot of pressure on herself. The first quarter of the year she made the A/B honor roll!! The second quarter she missed the A/B honor roll by just a couple of points. She was devastated. What she didn't know was that she had been chosen by her teachers as "Outstanding Student" from her team's teachers.

Mrs. Hamburg sent me an email and said she had been chosen an "outstanding student who has shown great leadership, good character and exemplary behavior." I'll take that over straight A's any day.

Congratulations Jacqulin and keep up the good work.

4 comments:

Paula said...

I added links to the 2 posts about Jacqulin on our blog. We're doing Shout Outs, now, so be sure to link these to our blog. Way to go, Jacqulin!

Unknown said...

Way to go!! I wish I had a class full of students like you.

Anonymous said...

thats awesome!!!! : ) im sure you're so proud!

Sonya said...

Jacqulin I left a comment on the cousin blog...check it out! I love you and am very proud of you!!!!