Sunday, September 27, 2009

Look, no wall!!!

The wall is gone! Wow! my kitchen looks enormous. Tony, our builder and friend, says we just need to live with the space for a few days and see what we want to do. I agree! It's amazing how different everything is. Tony and Bert put the cabinets in the space where we want the island. That gives me an idea of what will work and not work.




Immediately after the space was opened up we realized that we can put in a back door. Right now people either come to the front door - which seems formal - or they go through the garage - which is horrible because it's a stinky, cluttered garage. We have gone back and forth about if a door would work. Our thought now is that we will put in a door in the middle of the bay window. Presto, chango a back door entrance that is less formal and not through the garage.
Bert called as soon as the wall was taken down. I asked what he thought. He just laughed and said "Well, there's no going back now." He's right and I don't want to.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it is finished.