Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Layla Jane Totcky



Layla is my sister, Sonya's, grandbaby. She is the first great-grandchild in the Totcky clan. Unfortunately, we don't see her very often so I was thrilled when her "Me" (that is Sonya's Granny name) and Poopa (Billy) brought her to Franklin on Christmas day. She did not stop the entire time she was here.


My mom kept cereal in the bottom cabinet and everyone new that . I know everyone of my cousins and probably all the neighbors could tell you where the cereal was in our house. It seemed almost magical and something your were compelled to share. We played in that cabinet too. Bottom cabinets make the best cars and your could get several kids in one cabinet car.

Well, with the kitchen renovation I haven't sorted out what goes where. All my spices were placed in a couple baskets in a bottom cabinet. It was magical for Layla. She played with those spices for hours. I may keep those spices there forever just so she can come back and play with them.


If she would just line them up everything would taste better.


Shake, shake, shake....


2 comments:

Jacqulin said...

It was hilarious!!! She probably played with those for 45 minutes (45 Hours in baby time)!!!
~Jacqulin

Sonya said...

Oh! My precious angel!!!
She had a great time! I bet everyone slept better after we left...especially Jacqulin! I know Layla was asleep before we got to the interstate. Thanks for giving her some great childhood memories.
Love "ME"