Thursday, May 29, 2008

CAMP DOUBLE DIGITS!!! FRIDAY, MAY 16, 2008






How many times can you celebrate a girls birthday? We had such a busy week, but we really wanted for Jacqulin to be able to celebrate with her friends. We thougth about everything under the sun. Let's face it, we have had every kind of party imaginable. We've had hula, bowling, Chuck E. Cheese, High School Musical and the list goes on. Jacqulin finally landed on 'camping.' I was very perplexed, but it was a great party. Her daddy made adorable invitations for "Camp Double Digits." Jacqulin has a great group of friends so that helps tremendously.
The girls made trail mix and got a glow in the dark necklace.They played hide and seek and sardines. We lit a fire - O.K. I tried to light a fire but had to call in Dad for help. I finally microwaved the hot dogs and Bert had the fire ready for S'mores. I found great little blankets in bright pink or green for party favors. Everyone got a blanket and we watched a movie outside. It was a little chilly but turned out to be great fun.
Most of the girls were able to spend the night. There was a lot of giggling and story telling. I loved hearing the girls having fun, they are growing up so fast. They had me come in the play room and sit and talk while they were all getting settled in their sleeping bags. I was so honored that they allowed me into their little party. I know that I will not be invited too many more times.
We had a great little breakfast the next morning. We found out that some people don't want the pigs, just the blankets. It's o.k. because Mrs. Deborah loves the pigs!! (Right Jessica) The cinnamon rolls were a big hit as well. Thank goodness for Sister Schubert.

No comments: