Last year she auditioned for the Honors Choir at Freedom Intermediate School. This group meets M,T,Th after school from 2:20 until 3:15. It is an honor to be a part of this choir. They did a great job singing songs life "Peter Piper," and "Hot Chocolate." We were all ready for a big cup of steaming chocolate by the end of the concert.
I know there were other kids that played the violin and sang in the choir, but not many. Jacqulin has so many opportunities open to her. It is exciting watching her grow and develop into a beautiful young lady. She has no idea how talented she is or how blessed she is for these opportunities.
I am always blown away by how God orchestrates little blessings for us. My sister, Charlotte, called the week before the concert and asked if I could watch Alex and Amelia. Charlotte and Mike were attending a one day seminar in Cool Springs. I told her about the concert and they arranged to stay and watch the show. This sort of thing means more to me now than ever before. I think we all take for granted having family at all of our events. Since my Mom passed away I long for family to attend these events. Because it was on a Thursday night I didn't even tell Charlotte about it. Who can drop everything in the middle of the week and drive for 1.5 hours?
LOOK!! Aunt Debbie cooked....NOT! Jacqulin had to be at the school at 5:00, so that was my excuse for not cooking (this time). We decided to grab something rather fast after the concert because we knew it would be late. There isn't a whole lot around the school to choose from.
We ended up at Captain D's. My kids are used to this, we stop here after Luke's ballgames a lot. Well, I don't think the Brodowski's have had the pleasure of the deep fried cuisine of the Captain. They have some healthier options now too. When we got home Bert was laughing that we took them to this fabulous restaurant - this is not their style at all.
1 comment:
Hey, Deb. Did you know that Grandpa Perce Hand played the violin and so did Mother. I remember Mother telling about how (pre-TV) they would sit on the porch and play and sing at night. I think others from their neighborhood joined in. Jacqulin is carrying on the family tradition. It's in her genes. Love to all.
Post a Comment