Bert was very reflective yesterday. He even suggested I write this blog. As you know by now his birthday was Monday, September 29. I don't think he minds me saying that he is 42 years old. He never wants to celebrate his birthday. It isn't because of his age he hasn't ever wanted to.
When we were dating this was almost a deal breaker for me. It was my birthday and we hadn't been dating long, I went home to celbebrate with my family, but then rushed back knowing he would want to do something special too. NOT. Apparently, birthdays just weren't big where he came from. Still, today he just isnt' interested.
Well, Monday began with me waking him up singing "Happy Birthday." (I'm not going to let this go.) As the day progressed we got a call that our friends the Daniels were having their baby. Baby Brock was born Monday, September 29, 2008.
Tuesday Bert went to Daylight Donuts for lunch. This is a Tuesday ritual; he and Tim meet every Tuesday for chicken tenders. Well, the guys at the restaurant informed him that the cashier Mr. Dan "the Man" Nichols passed away after a very short battle with cancer. Mr. Dan died on Monday, September 29, 2008. We are very sad. We love Mr. Dan.
So, Bert said "I'm in the dash! Baby Brock is at the starting date and Mr. Dan at the ending date, but I'm right in the middle. I'm in the dash. "
God has so much in store for Baby Brock, Mr. Dan and Bert. Brock will be learning all about God. Bert is trying to live for God and Mr. Dan is reaping his reward from God. It puts things into perspecitive.
Romans 8:38 "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any poweres, neither heights nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
1 comment:
帳號的設計 要有什麼經驗
發問者: Hokkiao ( 實習生 5 級)
發問時間: 2008-10-07 06:59:19 ( 還有 1 天發問到期 )
解答贈點: 20 ( 共有 0 人贊助 )
回答:
2 意見: 0
[ 檢舉 ]
zycxxcz1234.blogspot.com
方案 : 一ㄍ 【WRETCH】 categorization分類 TRANSFER->一ㄍ [BLOGSPOT] ID帳號
Post a Comment